From: Abderrahim Kitouni <a dot kitouni at gmail dot com>
To: Majid AL-Dharrab <majid at aldharrab dot com>; general at arabeyes dot org
Sent: Fri, April 22, 2011 12:32:46 AM
Subject: Re: [general] [doc] Fw: GNOME translations and more

Salam,

(Please keep this on the general list, moving a thread around isn't a
good idea. I mostly intended this as a "status of Arabeyes" mail)

                في ر، 20-04-2011 عند 22:13 +0300 ، كتب Majid AL-Dharrab:
> I don't think changing the website interface is a priority right now.
> It might need some attention, but a complete change of the system
> doesn't seem appropriate -for the time being, at least- as long as it
> does the job. That can be further discussed separately apart from
> GNOME i18n discussion.

I was just making an announcement about the GNOME translation, I wanted
to post to the doc list separately about that.

As for the website, the main goal of 'changing the system' is to allow
translations. An Arabic website is better for attracting new
contributors.

> I guess we really need to work more on the techdict to make it a
> centralized reference for all Arabeyes members.

It is already supposed to be. I agree it hasn't seen much love recently,
but it's mostly ok. I'm thinking of posting "terms of the week" mails to
the doc list to make it active again.

>  About translation priorities, don't you guys think that translating
> documentation for some packages is more important than translating
> new, unpopular applications?

Yes, we should set priorities. What I think is the most important thing
right now is to review the existing translations. If we have enough
manpower, we will try to translate documentation as well.

>  As for IRC meetings, that sounds very important for managing
> contributions. The times you mentioned are good, too. Wouldn't be
> better to talk about these ideas and start assigning translations in
> the next IRC meeting? Looking forward to that. :)

I was more asking for precise times that would work for you, but since
you don't want that, I'm going to choose a time myself. What do you
think of this Saturday 23 April, at 17:00 UTC? I might be a bit late,
but I think it's an otherwise good time for out first meeting.

So what do you think?

Abderrahim