[general] Fwd: Xandros and Eee PC from Asus.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tarek Faham <tarekahf at fastmail dot fm>
Date: 2007/11/16
Subject: Xandros and Eee PC from Asus.
To: contact at arabeyes dot org

Dear Sir,

I got your email from Arabeyes.org.

I would like to get some info from you regarding development on the
Eee PC from Asus.

I understand that the Eee PC OS is based on Xandros Linux OS. I wanted
to find out if the Eee PC is Localized to support Arabic Language and
to what level. I tried to contact Asus and sent them several emails,
but no one replied to me.

So I was searching the Internet about using Arabic on Linux, and I
found your website. I was wodering if your porject is related to the
Eee PC Xandros as I am not sure if it is compatible. I am now a little
bit confused as I found many different implementation of the Linux OS
such as Xandros and Ubuntu and I am not sure how they will be related
to the Eee PC.

Also, in case Arabic Support is not available on the Eee PC or require
improvement, then what is needed to provide 100% Arabic Support in
terms of Development Effort. Is Arabeyes Linux OS compativle with Eee
PC and does it have an SDK or something like that ?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards ...

Tarek.

                          unladen european swallow