Proposal of OAO Structure

Salam,

Before begining, I know some will oppose to this, but as I said before, the aim is to put a clear view of the whole idea, and what kind (and how much) of efforts it will need.

Let's begin now by the basic question: What shall OAO contain?

1. News & Articles Section
The ordinary feature, capable to make the visitor updated always with latest OSS news in general, and Arabic OSS in special.
The maintainer should be familiar with OSS News Sites and have time to check the section at least once per week.

2. Company & Organisation Section
This section is consacred for companies (especially Arabic ones) who want to learn about/migrate to OSS. Specific guides should be presented here to offer every assistance poosible.
The maintainer should be experienced with IT companies issues related to OSS.

3. Job Market Section

4. Arabization Section
This section is an automated one, hosting projects needed to be translated into Arabic. It also serves to make a common interface to translators to make them able to contribute in the translation of a project directly on the webpage (like launchpad.net)

5. Arabization Assistance Section
In this section, members of OAO try to help foreign developers in supporting Arabic I18N issues in their projects, concerning different programming languages. Resident Guides would be also provided for arabic characters displaying problems, right-to-left and other issues.

6. Help Section
Should contain guides, HowTos, books related to different OSS parts (Linux, programming languages, some softwares manuals, etc).

7. Developing Section
Which intereset in developing projects, that have common benefits to Arabic Community.

X. Full of other sections can be added. Please feed back with your suggestion, your experience, and your tendance to work :)

my Regards

- Anas

--
It's Time To Realize Your Dreams