Re: arabic on mozilla doesn't work ( debian sarge)

On Thu, Mar 30, 2006, belahcene abdelkader wrote:
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/arabic/news/
> despite the arabeyes fonts are installed, some letters
> are not dsiplayed, ( I tried all the avalable
> encoding: utf-8, iso -8859-6, windows-1256,
> arabic-MAC, ..;)
>  I am working on debian sarge, everything is installed
> from the official distro.

It works OK for me on my Debian Unstable.

What is your locale ? (result of the 'locale' command)
What does the command 'dpkg -l ttf-arabeyes' return?
Does <http://www.debian.org/index.ar.html> work?
How does arabic work in other applications (like gedit, openoffice, ...)?

--
adn
Mohammed Adnčne Trojette