Re: New Font file release

Mete,
When you said 20, is it 20 pt or 20 pixel? Anyway, as I mentioned
before, the font is optimised for screen reading at 12 and 16 pt size,
or 16 and 21 pixel respectively. So, at these 2 sizes, even though it
is not smooth, the looks should be good. At other sizes, probably not.
Did you test at these sizes?

You mentioned you enable cleartype. Are you using LCD screen? This is
because cleartype is meant for LCD. If not, just use standard method
for font smoothing. If you are using LCD, there is a tool from
Microsoft to tweak cleartype setting. You need to download this
tool.Someone mentioned to me that there are 6 setting you can choose
from.

If you are saying that below 20pt it does not look smooth, I think
there must be a setting somewhere to rectify this. There is an
instruction inside the font itself to tell the rasterizer at which
size it should smothen the font, and this varies from font to font. I
believe mine was set at 17pt. However, Linux platfrom might ignore
this instruction (for a good reason).

Regards.