Re: New Font file release.

Hi Meor.

1.
I can't determine if it is your font or softwares which is wrong, but
height info does not seem to be treated correctly on some Linux softs.
(I don't understand font mechanism at all.)

Look at the attached GIF image. It is displayed by firefox-1.0.7 & 1.5.0.1
on Linux x86. Notice that the bounding box is too small.
(Ignore surrounding texts.)
I also tested the font on katoob-0.3.8 and bluefish-1.0. Vertical
overwrapping happens in both, supporting my observation.

With firefox on MS Win, such does not occur.

Firefox uses gtk+, so it may use pango to obtain font info, but firefox
renders texts with its own engine, not with pango.
Katoob and bluefish use gtk+ and pango. Bluefish is an HTML editor.
Its developers do not seem to implement any special Arabic support,
and I often use it as a pango proving ground. :)

# In the attachment lam-alif ligature is not done. It's a firefox's bug.

2.
Bashar already pointed out shadda problem in "Allaahu", but it is
not limited to it. Shadda info lacks at all. Ouch!

Meor, I really thank you for your font implementation. Although it may not
be your first hand intention, it's the first non-commercial font as
far as I know which can be used on firefox which allows vowel and
other signs at satisfactory level. Your choice, KacstQurn, is also
great. It's beautiful.

Good night.

Oibane

GIF image