[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Which type of mushaf ins Unicode encoding?
- To: General Arabization Discussion <general at arabeyes dot org>
- Subject: Re: Which type of mushaf ins Unicode encoding?
- From: Gregg Reynolds <gar at arabink dot com>
- Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 08:37:02 -0500
- User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0.2 (Windows/20050317)
Abdulhaq Lynch wrote:
What do you think of my example of the pakistani tanween with small meem,
indicating tanween + iqlaab, which from the grapheme point of view is in
addition to and offset from the tanween?
Doesn't this indicate that iqlaab should be encoded as such, and not
incorporated into the tanween?
Do you mean "not incorporated into the tamweem"?
Personally I lean toward "iqlaab" over "tamweem", unless we have a case
where the little meem does not indicate iqlaab. In that case, I would
encode both iqlaab and tamweem.
I would encode your example: