Re: Which type of mushaf ins Unicode encoding?

On Saturday 25 June 2005 14:37, Gregg Reynolds wrote:
> Do you mean "not incorporated into the tamweem"?

If it had the meem in it then it would be, according to Thomas' definition, a
tamweem (I think - perhaps Thomas can define exactly what a tamweem is, is it
the tanween+iqlaab grapheme or the process of changing (=iqlaab) the nuun into
meem that everyone else calls iqlaab). But the meem is not
in the tanween in this example so it remains a tanween IMO.

> Personally I lean toward "iqlaab" over "tamweem", unless we have a case
> where the little meem does not indicate iqlaab.

It always means iqlaab (as far as I know, please correct me if anyone knows
better).

> In that case, I would
> encode both iqlaab and tamweem.
>
> I would encode your example: