[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Word List
- To: Andrew Lindesay <apl at lindesay dot co dot nz>
- Subject: Re: Word List
- From: Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com>
- Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 00:22:49 -0700 (PDT)
- Cc: general at arabeyes dot org
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:Cc:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=yLVOiRnV9jW99bhNczQlMtj1Y9q64sScFFdNClw7O7ePJd2OpqeiVDRLGtkvH3zvFlAW/l2Pzd6QVqfgkIZ1ZM8SNilrpuonKWADr8bADFt1qLCSoynDgSdetzwm/eYUEmVBjCZLUWXKdVuGkdDu6tCHrl3msRK5l0Pi26GJAd0= ;
--- Andrew Lindesay <apl at lindesay dot co dot nz> wrote:
> I write a small program called "WordLookup" which has flags for
> different languages -- what "flag" or "flags" would be most suitable
> for use with the Arabian language? Are the ones shown at the top
> banner on "http://www.arab.net" appropriate?
Those are appropriate to each of the various countries. Since there
is no one flag that represents Arabic as a whole, you're best bet is
to use the Arab League's flag  -- unfortunately, I haven't been
able to find a decently drawn/captured version to point you to, so
let's hope some of the folks on 'general' can lend a helping hand
in generating and creating this much needed flag (its the league's
circular logo on a green background).
Or maybe something like this  but without jordan's flag in the
BTW: in the future do please subscribe and mail to Arabeyes' "general"
Find restaurants, movies, travel and more fun for the weekend. Check it out!