Re: Arabeyes -- a critique

On Yaum al-Sabt 04 Thu al-Hijjah 1425 9:39 pm, Mohammed Elzubeir wrote:

> In the early days of Arabeyes I was very suspecious of financial
> dealings and anything smelling $'s was suspect. This outlook has changed
> for me today. I think it would be rather constructive to have a bounty
> system for dealing with beasts like OOo and the likes. It is unfortunate
> that institutes like the KACST are not employing such tactics (instead
> they are wasting their money and resources

I didn't care about the crap posted about KACST and me from you when you
publish it on your blog. But now I feeled obligated to reply for the record.
KACST has told you before that they can't do bounties. period. They can't
support you on the way ideal to you but on they way they want to. They want
to help according the resources available and that cope with their policies.
But it seems that if any party didn't participate in the way almighty
elzubeir draws for it, then that party is wasting its resources!

> on paying for translations
> done by "professional" but non-technical translators).

Cheap! Are you a technical translator? We have done lots of translations to
KDE - tens of thousands of strings translated in a very short time so you can
go review and correct instead of just complaining and saying we will and we
shall. No doubt there are excellent translators here in the list but when it
comes to comparing the translation done to KDE by KACST with the translation
already available no comparison at all. You are not fair but biased by
pre-made judgements :( Anyway, we are expecting this type of saying a thank
you!

If you care about this project and the list and the feeling of the people
subscribed here try to act as a wise leader. period.

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club Member
Maintainer of the Open Arabic Bugs Project at
http://wiki.arabeyes.org/OpenBugs
https://listman.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-trans-ar
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS, Linux+, LPI 101
New Horizons CLC, Riyadh, SA