Re: again with lyx/latex

On Yaum al-Arbi'a 24 Thu al-Qi`dah 1425 4:10 pm, Thamer Mahmoud wrote:
> Munzir Taha writes:
>  > On Yaum al-Ithnain 22 Thu al-Qi`dah 1425 7:04 pm, Yousef Raffah wrote:
>  > > I have read on different web sites including the Arabic LyX HowTo on
>  > > the documentation page about ArabTex, now is it required to have it in
>  > > order for me to write documents/books or whatsoever in Arabic?
>  >
>  > Yes.
>
> But it's non free. From the arabtex.faq:
>
>   [ArabTeX] is free for scientific and strictly private, noncommercial
>   use. For commercial purposes you need a license agreement; inquire
>   at the author's address.

If this is the case, how come it's distributed with all Free GNU/Linux
distros?! I feel as if this has changed during the project life cycle but
they forgot to mention it ;)

From the site:
ArabTeX may be redistributed and/or modified under the terms of the LaTeX
Project Public License distributed from CTAN archives in the directory
macros/latex/base/lppl.txt; either version 1 of the License, or (at your
option) any later version.

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club Member
Maintainer of the Open Arabic Bugs Project at
http://wiki.arabeyes.org/OpenBugs
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS, Linux+, LPI 101
New Horizons CLC, Riyadh, SA