Arabic on Zaurus/Ipaq

This is just a heads-up to let you know that I've done a bit of work to enable
arabic on the OpenEmbedded platform, such as OpenZaurus and Familiar for the
Zaurus and Ipaq.

screenshot here:

http://kprayertime.sourceforge.net/zaurus1.png

It's early days, the program I have initially ported is my arabic vocabulary
program (it can also create a postscript/pdf file in a book format of all the
words). This is using PyQt and so far I have left the shaping and R-to-L code
in python. To get the support for tashkeel (required for arabic learners) I
had to hack the Qt/Embedded libraries as OpenEmbedded uses qte 2.3.10 (v3 is
too big for handhelds, perhaps Qt/E 4 will be better).

I have used the KacstBook font which had to be converted to a QPF font file
format (bitmapped).

Looking forward it would be nice to put the shaping/bidi code entirely into
Qt/Embedded 2.3.10 and then to port Muhammad Yousif's qtquran.

I'm mentioning it here to see if anyone else would have a use for arabic on
this platform, otherwise I may leave things as they are (seeing as they do
what I mainly want to do for now).

wassalaam

Abdulhaq