Re: Arabeyes dead?

--- Arafat Medini <arafato at gmail dot com> wrote:
> So I took a look at the metting minutes, first of all they are only
> minutes of the meetings and different of what Abdo for eg. said in his
> emails so indeed there is total scattering in the information policy.
> Which makes me indeed question why I don't see anything of what is
> happening in Arabeyes, and why (at the same time) abdo and nadim see
> different things!!! There is clearly a problem here.
>
> Second, let us go through the link you gave me:
>
> Core to get Anmar to wire 'the check (US$70)' to Arabeyes account
> -> no idea...
>
> Core to setup an OAO and related meeting (logistics)
> ->huh?
>
> Abdulaziz to engage/email .ma folks
> ->O_o
>
> Elzubeir to contact KACST with Duali dictionary proposal
> ->what proposal?

You'll have to look at the minutes to search for when those things
were talked about - what you note above are TODOs that various people
are on the hook for.  It would be rather silly of us to continuously
state the obvious (to continuously define/redefine the TODO) of what
each item means.  But if you were to search for any of the above items
in the previous weeks you will see a place which each of those topics
was discussed.

> Also of interest is te fact that the minutes only speak about cores
> activities and rarely about Arabeyes other groups. I don't see
> throught the minutes progress of Firefox translation or openoffice or
> gnome or KDE!

That is why each sub-project is humbly asked to send in its own status
to keep everyone, including 'core', aware of its issues, progress and
plans.

> I still want to point that I think that there is a need to inform
> people more. And I don't understand why everybody #seems# to be
> against something like a simple paper ONCE a month to write down in a
> human readable language what the core knows, and what others don't.

I'm not against it, but I sure as heck don't want to sign-up for something
that is already there with a bit of work.  We already have lots on our
plate (and there are so many things not accounted for - managing the
host, mailing-lists, answering 'contact' emails, etc, etc).  If there is
a genuine demand for a monthly 'State of Arabeyes' then by all means we
will try to accommodate to note highlights/lowlights.

Are there enough people wanting this ?