Re: Arabeyes dead?

--- Arafat Medini <arafato at gmail dot com> wrote:
> It's my problem, I couldn't explain what I wanted to say. I will show
> you two examples and I hope you understand what I mean.
>
> http://gnomedesktop.org/node/2117
>
> And:
>
> http://developer.gnome.org/news/summary/
>
> I more thought of things like that, easily accessible and easy to read
> by the user.

The links above look rather similar (different format) to 'core' meeting
minutes.  Do please take a look at them (they capture what the project's
internals are going through and what is of concern to the overall effort).

  http://cvs.arabeyes.org/viewcvs/ae_admin/weekly_minutes?rev=HEAD

The reason all sub-projects (like your Gnome work, et al) are asked for
a status is simply due to the fact that there is no internal visibility
to what is taking shape and what is going on or what is being planned for.
With 'core's meetings (the agenda is also available) we've tried very
hard to keep everything as open and as transparent as possible.  If you
have issues that are not being addressed, by all means bring them up and
you'll see them promptly be added to the meeting agenda and discussion
points.

As Abdulaziz so aptly put it, you'll have to find the info and it doesn't
seem prudent to force feed it down people's throats.  Calling a project
dead when it is not even remotely heading in that direction is scary, but
then again you being the sole proprietor of ArafatMadSpeak(tm) :-) I'm
guessing you mean well by shocking people into more action.

Hope that helps.

Thanks & Salam.