Re: Questions about yeh, hamzah on yeh, alef maksura and dotless ba

Meor,

With respect to indexing the Qur'an you might want to take a look at Muhammad Fu'ad `Abd al-Baqi's _al-Mu`jam al-Mufahras li-Alfaz al-Qur'an al-Karim_. It was first published by Dar al-Kutub in Cairo in 1945, but has been reprinted many times since then. Notice that the author makes no attempt to represent the spelling found in a mushaf. Everything is printed in a modern Arabic font, and, in accordance with Egyptian style, final ya's are without dots.

Nicholas