RE: Article on native language project

Thanks for your help Munzir, that's very useful. I have a few other
questions:

* When was first version of OpenOffice in Hebrew released?

* What features are due in the next major release (2.0) of OpenOffice in
January 2005?

* You said there are issues about shaping/joining - what technical
problems does this present?

* I spoke to Jonathan Ben Avraham, a developer on the Hebrew native
language project and he told me that he believes that Hebrew OpenOffice
is about a year or two behind Microsoft in terms of support for RTL
languages. Is Arab OpenOffice at the same stage?

* He also spoke of the difficulty of document assumptions in terms of
RTL languages eg. the cursor being placed on left by default. Has the
Arab team dealt with any of these issues?

Thanks again for your help Munzir. I will send you a link to the article
when I have completed it!

Regards,

Ingrid