Re: Unicode and Arabic

 --- Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> This is an ultra important topic which everyone should read carefully.

+5

>  a. 'unicode at unicode dot org' - follow the instructions on,
>
>       http://www.unicode.org/consortium/distlist.html
>
>     and note the bottom section of the URL for details.

Done

>  b. 'bidi at unicode dot org' - mail "ecartis at unicode dot org" with
>     the subject "subscribe bidi".

Done - waiting for admins approval.

I would add that we need to get more educated ourselves. We have some people
who are 'in the know', so please give us some links. May be somebody adds a
wiki page?

Actually, it is a bit of luck that this arose at this time. I have a friend who
is interested in having full support for quran in unicode, and when I told him
it's an old topic here he asked me for links (in the mailing list). Can anybody
tell me which are the relevant threads, and put it in the wiki page above?

Salam,
Muhammad Alkarouri

http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com