Re: Mandrake in Arabic

> --- Chad Russell <chad dot russell at gmail dot com> wrote:
> [...]
> > Am I correct in that Ximian Evolution is not translated at all?  This
> > is our assumption so we are leaning towards KMail as it comes
> > installed in KDE by default and has partial translation.

The version of Evolution that comes with Gnome 2.8 is fully translated
into Arabic, I did some work on it too, and made sure it was done
before the release of Gnome 2.8.

> > As far as Mozilla, the page for Arabic Mozilla linked by both
> > mozilla.org and arabeyes.org (http://mozilla.4-sms.com/) gives me a
> > "Account Temporarily Disabled" message... strange... I emailed the
> > technical contact from their whois entry earlier today but anyone know
> > what's up with that? or a mirror for Arabic Mozilla?  I haven't had
> > much luck.  Our fallback right now is Konqueror but we'd obviously
> > prefer Mozilla.

That website used to have Arabic language packages for Mozilla
products, I think it's run by Mr. Twaijry, it's down at the moment,
I'll update the project's page on arabeyes.org, and add a "currently
down" message or something.

You can get Arabic language packages for Mozilla products at the
Mozilla l10n project [1], warning: versions there are quite old.

As Abdulaziz said, we are working on localizing Mozilla Firefox 1.0,
if everything goes as planned, and we don't face some major bugs,
Arabic Firefox 1.0 should be out simultaneously with the en-US
version.

Ayman

[1] http://www.mozilla.org/projects/l10n/mlp_otherproj.html