Re: Focus

--- Mohammed Elzubeir <elzubeir at arabeyes dot org> wrote:
> Too late, you're already in ;) No, I am not
> suggesting that capable
> people do not exist, I am suggesting that we have
> had a great deal of
> difficulty getting people to stick to
> responsibilities far less
> demanding than core's.

Fair enough.

> There is no rule that we go by to include people
> into the core group.

Maybe some rules/characteristics should be defined.

> And, you are wrong, you are not far away from
> joining 'core' -- your

.. away in the sense of being afraid to get so busy
because of work and not be able to cope up.

> name did come up on several occasions. Your fault is
> that you spoke with
> Nadim only about it and did not bring it up to
> 'core' members.

When I spoke that day, I was _just_ asking about it
(like what rules/characteristics should be in a core
member).
If I was interested, I would have noted that in the
mailing lists or asked how to apply for core ;-)

> The only reservation there is to including more
> people into core is
> having a larger number of people in the group,
> making decision making
> more difficult. It is already hard as it is to get 4
> people to agree on
> several issues.

That wouldn't be a problem, if we try to get closer in
ideas IMHO.

> Since you are keeping up with our
> activities, I am sure
> going through the meeting agendas/minutes would give
> you a good idea.

I'll do that. Thanks for the suggestion.

> Otherwise, since you are bringing up the subject, I
> have always voiced
> my support to including you to core.

Ahh.. you want to get me in to 'avenge' then huh? ;-)
Just kidding. Let's hope for the best.

> We don't usually look for technical prowess as a
> main factor.

I didn't understand how the word 'capable' would be
defined, and so I mentioned that.

> > My final word: If you feel you can't do the job,
> > PLEASE step aside from core.
>
> I'm not sure what you are trying to say here. I am
> getting the feeling
> that this is starting to sound too personal.

Then you got me wrong. I didn't mean to say "Leave",
when I said "step aside". I just meant to give the
chance to others to get _deeply_ involved, more than
just being a "Member of Arabeyes.org".
Because I replied quoting your mail, doesn't mean I am
directing my speech towards you.
I have nothing against you, yourself, nor will I have
a personal any personal problem with any of you.

regards,
Ossama Khayat