Re: Focus

On Tue, 2004-03-30 at 14:54, Ossama Khayat wrote:

> Sorry for jumping in, but what's the _reality_ you're
> talking about? Are you saying "we wouldn't _find_ or
> there is _no_ one more capable than core"?

Too late, you're already in ;) No, I am not suggesting that capable
people do not exist, I am suggesting that we have had a great deal of
difficulty getting people to stick to responsibilities far less
demanding than core's.

> Oh, please do.. Enlighten me (and others?) and tell me
> what is happening.
> I really respect Isam's self pull-off core.
> I, for one, talked with Nadim about _how_ one could be
> 'core' and think I'm still far away from that, and
> feel there _are_ others here that could (hopefully) do
> something if/when they get involved.

There is no rule that we go by to include people into the core group.
And, you are wrong, you are not far away from joining 'core' -- your
name did come up on several occasions. Your fault is that you spoke with
Nadim only about it and did not bring it up to 'core' members.

The only reservation there is to including more people into core is
having a larger number of people in the group, making decision making
more difficult. It is already hard as it is to get 4 people to agree on
several issues. Since you are keeping up with our activities, I am sure
going through the meeting agendas/minutes would give you a good idea.

Otherwise, since you are bringing up the subject, I have always voiced
my support to including you to core.

> It's not a matter of being a Linux/Programming/etc
> guru, it's all a matter of leadership, good example,
> and dedication.

We don't usually look for technical prowess as a main factor.

> Yes, family and personal life has precedence, but
> sometimes _both_ those have to also understand that
> others can't do it without me, and I have to sacrifice
> a little more.
>
> My final word: If you feel you can't do the job,
> PLEASE step aside from core.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here. I am getting the feeling
that this is starting to sound too personal.

Regards,
Mohammed Elzubeir