Re: Focus

Salam Ossama:

Ossama Khayat wrote:
--- Mohammed Elzubeir <elzubeir at arabeyes dot org> wrote:

until this topic is settled and agreed upon (the

first step to a solution

is admitting the existence of a problem). If we

are unable to take on

and fulfill the responsibilities as 'core' then we

should try to find

another group of people more capable than us. If

there are questions with

Heh.. Nadim, are you serious? Even with our lately
sketchy performance,
I guarantee that we would not be able to find 'more'
capable people to
take on the responsibilities of 'core'. This is
simply a reality.

Sorry for jumping in, but what's the _reality_ you're
talking about? Are you saying "we wouldn't _find_ or
there is _no_ one more capable than core"?

I think you misunderstood what was said. Muhammed simply stated that given our history, what needs done and future movement, it is not an easy task to simply replace us. Technincal ability is not the focal point here.

There
are people I would love to see get onboard (we have
discussed this in a
previous meeting I believe).. we can't even get a
stable KDE coordinator
or .. oh don't get me started ;)

Oh, please do.. Enlighten me (and others?) and tell me
what is happening.
I really respect Isam's self pull-off core.
I, for one, talked with Nadim about _how_ one could be
'core' and think I'm still far away from that, and
feel there _are_ others here that could (hopefully) do
something if/when they get involved.

It's not a matter of being a Linux/Programming/etc
guru, it's all a matter of leadership, good example,
and dedication.

Yes, family and personal life has precedence, but
sometimes _both_ those have to also understand that
others can't do it without me, and I have to sacrifice
a little more.

My final word: If you feel you can't do the job,
PLEASE step aside from core.

I think this is easier said than done. Personally, I could care less if I am in core or not as long as I can work on projects that interest me in Arabeyes. Muhammed and I need to pull our sucks up and start moving is a valid statement. I can assure you that Muhammed and I are trying our best to do Arabeyes.org work as much as our time and responsibility allows us. It is just that sometime things don't go your way.

Salam

Anmar

Ossama