Re: GCompris Arabization Status

--- Isam Bayazidi <isam at bayazidi dot net> wrote:
>From: Nadim Shaikli
>
> >Isam, is there anything (or a bundle) that you can point to that
> >we can include in the upcoming releases of Arabbix ?  Could you
> >please mention them here as well as submit a bug-report (as a
> >reminder) under the Arabbix category.  We'd like to make sure
> >kids have something to play with on Arabbix.
>
> Are you asking for a package ? there are DEB packages for GCompris all
> over the place, in the Debian official repositories.. but as I said it
> does not include a fully arabized interface, or localization.

I was after an Arabized package (or portions there-of) to potentially
include in Arabbix (the Arabic LiveCD).  Sounds like there is nothing
to include as it seems an Arabized/localized interface doesn't yet
exist (I was under the impression that some games were ready for
consumption while others weren't - my bad).

Guess GCompress is not yet ready for Arabbix.

> Another GREAT program for kids, is Tux Paint. I highly recommend it.
> It is as well part of the Free Edu Project (Now UNESCO supported).

Is TuxPaint Arabized ?  Again, if we are after giving Arabic kids
something to play with, it will need to be in Arabic.

Unless someone steps forward and takes these kid-related localization
and arabization issues, I have a feeling this will be forgotten rather
quickly.