Re: A consistent approach (rendering engine)

On ثلاثاء 15 يونيو 2004 22:59, Mete Kural wrote:
> Salaam Nadim,
>
> > Unicode is unwilling to add new characters, are they
> > willing to
> > remove old ones ?
>
> It's not that Unicode is unwiling to add new
> characters, but they are unwilling to add any proposed
> character. You have to make a very good case and
> respond to all the counter-arguments that the critics
> of the Unicode community will bring to you because
> they will be very conservative in terms of what gets
> added or changed.

  I have to agree with Nadim here, it seems like accepting characters is not
  about what's good and what's bad, I already responded reasonably to all
  counter-arguments and backed them up with sample from the Qur'an and
  all.
  If so, why did they accept the character:
    ARABIC LETTER REH WITH HAMZA ABOVE
  on 2004-Feb-04?
  Keep in mind that this one doesn't need anything special (a Reh + Hamza
  would certainly return the new accepted character without any problems or
  logic codes or any other complications)

  Yet, the much harder to get character of sequential tanween for example
  cannot be accepted.

  I have only one interpretation for this in my mind actually.

--
Mohammed Yousif
Egypt