Re: Standalone Superscript Alef (Item 8)

>   again wrong, the alef is not on the Waw at all, it
> is before
>   it (I can give you scans if you want).
>
>  Logically it cannot be on the Waw at all, it's a
> small letter using
>  instead of the missing Alef, would you put the alef
> on the waw?

If the superscript alif is shifted to the previous
letter  than you get the sequence fatha- superscript
alif anyway. This is because all examples write
/aa/ with fatha and alif on top of the syriac rasm for
/oo/ (with waw).

However, this assumption is not correct: the function
of the superscript alif in these cases is to indicate
thet waw should be alif, therefore the superscript
alif technically belongs to waw.

Kind regards,
Mete