Re: Quranic Proposal - Logical Codes

assalaamu `alaykum Mete

>Phonemic difference actually may change the
> meaning of the word, whereas phonetic difference does
> not have any affect on the meaning, only affects the
> pronounciation of the same word. There is no phonemic
> difference between fathatan and sequential fathatan.
> The only difference is phonetic - it is the same word
> but it is just pronounced a little differently.

But we are not just talking about carrying the meaning of the word, but also
the meanings of the  wuquuf, mudood and other symbols.

It is an accepted principle in unicode to accept distinct quranic markings
with specific and unique meaning as code points. A number of these have been
overlooked such as the variations in tanween. If these variations were
simply visual affectations then of course they should not be coded. However,
they have a _meaning_ that is not indicated by any other code point.

If the unicode body did not accept quranic symbols as codepoints, then what
is the sajda mark doing there for instance? They could have just said that
we should use two consecutive sukoons or some other magic code sequence.

wassalaam
abdulhaq