Arabbix Recieves Applause in North Lebanon

Salam all,

With a little bit of effort, I got the Powers-That-Be at my univ. to send an
invitation to the Lebanese LUG to come and throw a lecture about GNU/Linux to
educate the students on this subject.

So, Abdallah Deeb and Jad Saklawi of the LLUG came up here today and gave the
lecture under the title of "Introduction to GNU/Linux". They used an Arabbix
live CD for demonstration, and the students went bonkers! I'm not saying they
went bonkers just because Arabbix was great, but it played a large part!
Students came up to me and told me they wanted me to make copies for them. I
tried to explain that it's just a live demo CD and not meant for day-to-day
use, and they didn't care! They still wanted it! I'm hoping if it sparks their
interest they will come back to me and ask for Mandrake 10 or some other
comprehensive distro.

But believe you me, all of the effort that has been put into Arabbix, is paying
off BIG TIME. I would say whatever needs to be done to make the next Arabbix
absolutely _stunning_, lets not hesitate in doing it. The students were staring
at the thing for an hour and a half and if thats not good PR I don't know what
is.

So, I summarize in two points:
ONE: If you go to a university in an Arabic country, push for holding such
events from time to time, and TWO: Make sure Arabeyes gets mentioned! ;)

By really helping in spreading Linux Fever, Arabbix is proving its not just
another made-just-for-the-heck-of-it distro. So, to everyone who worked on it,
give yourself a pat on the back! you've earned it ;)

Regards,
Abdulaziz,