Re: KDE 3.2.3 released. Now supports Arabic?

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 01:11:22PM +0100, Muhammad Alkarouri wrote:
> First I would like to draw people's attention to the release of KDE 3.2.3. The
> announcement is at:
> http://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-3.2.3.php
>
> As you can notice, they say:
> 'KDE's award-winning tools and applications are available in 51 languages (now
> including Arabic, Croatian and Upper Sorbian compared to KDE 3.2.2).'
>
> Does anyone know what is new with respect to Arabic in 3.2.3, tjhat is not
> available in 3.2.2?

KDE has certain minimum requirements (in terms of percentage of
translated strings in certain core components) which, when met, enables
a language to be included in a release. Arabic did not meet that
requirement in 3.2.2 but did in 3.2.3. That's all.

Regards
| Unix the 'right' way |  http://elzubeir.fakkir.net/ |