Re: open source Hadith collection

--- Omar Abo-Namous <merlin12345 at gmx dot de> wrote:
> does any of you know, where to find an open source hadith collection? It
> would be nice, if it was also in german. Alternatively, is any1 interested
> in setting such a database up?

There was talk in the past about making the Quran Reader be more of a
generic Islamic Reader (or similar) so that it would be able to read
Hadith/Seera along with various interpolations, etc.  I'm not sure if
that is still the Plan Of Record and if M.Yousif is still headed in
that direction as I'm sure he's been busied with the various Unicode
issues of late.

I'm sure we'll hear about this topic again, what does matter here
irrespective is one's ability to access "open" data.  In other words,
if you are able to get your hands on an open-licensed data-set make
sure to grab it for us to format it and display it properly later.