Standardizing Arabization

Salam all,

I was browsing the About page and found this wonderful quote:

 "It is designed to be a central location to standardize the
Arabization process."

that IS the goal of Arabeyes which Elzubair had long ago formulated. I
think we did a good job on translating, programming, advertising
etc... BUT we completely missed THAT goal which is (became in my eyes
after doing gnome 2.8) the MOST IMPORTANT thing we have to reach. We
must now concentrate on making standards and we were far too short in
this regard.

QAC, AIG are some good steps the Qamoose project would have been a
REAL source if work would have continued on it. I image Arabeyes as a
website for standardized Arabic software development, I am not a core
member but if I was I would start guiding Arabeyes towards that
direction. As to be honest, even the best app will someday die and now
one will remember it (Mac word anyone?) and all our work will die with
it... But rules, standards, words never get lost and will be used even
after 50 years!

Arafat