Re: Registering as a Non-Profit

--- Rai'da Al-Zu3bi <raida_lists at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> Not sure if this email is relevant at this point.  I asked around and was
> told by colleagues from the Tachtical Technology Collective
> http://www.tacticaltech.org/ that the Netherlands is the *easiest* place to
> set-up an NGO.  Since TTC work extensively on Free and Open Source Software
> (FOSS) with NGOs from developing countries they are happy to provide support
> and advise as needed.  Please contact me if you would like to get in touch
> w/the TTC team.

I don't think there is any harm in talking to them - just ask 'em what
is needed and what needs to be done.  Keep in mind that we don't have
any developers in Holland as such I'm not sure if it would be appropriate
to setup anything there per se, but the TTC might have contacts/channels
to help in other areas/countries (as I'm sure more and more virtual
organizations like us are sprouting up all over the world).  Telling them
about Arabeyes and hearing their opinion without committing to anything
seems innocent enough and rather educational to where it might warrant
a try ;-)

Salam & Thanks.