Re: Registering as a Non-Profit

Nadim Shaikli wrote:
--- Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle at freenet dot de> wrote:

And we must note, that for the creation of an "eingetragener Verein" (e.V. = registered Association) we need MINIMUM 7 People.

Meaning you need 7 people in Germany in order to register ?  What is
the role of these people if any (ie. does it matter who they are or
can we say include family members just to boast the count :-) ?
that shouldn't be a problem.

So if setup in Germany, is their periodic paperwork involved or is it "setup and forget" ?
well not entirely! To prove our status as a nonprofit organisation, we'd have to deliver periodic (i think each two years) financial reports.

I know a egyptian Linux-Developer which live in Berlin, maybe he
want to join too...

Yeah, Ayman - so consider we have 4 now.

i don't think this will be any problem.

Salam.

Omar

In France there is a possibility with two People, but the Assosiation
has only limited rights and I think it is not acceptable.

Sounds like we should continue to consider other options.