Re: Quran Project

--- Ahmad Twaijry <msx at hush dot com> wrote:
> Qurancomplex.org is a company (yes a company) so don't think you will
> get any reply from them.

What a shame - I think we should continue to pursue them until we hear
a NO from 'em (why would they not want to help us ?)

> Anyway I can contact "Shik Mohammad Al-Monjid"
> (http://63.175.194.25/words/munajed/munajed_ara.htm)
>
> He is a shik every one know him in Saudi Arabia (and even out of Saudi
> Arabia) and I am sure if I told him about this project he will be very
> happy and he will provide to us everything we want.
>
> if you want me to contact him just tell me and I will insh'a Allah go
> to dammam and meet him (because he is very busy and I think the best
> is to meet him not to call him)

Yeah please.  We need a proper authority to look over our work and to
make sure that our data files are prim and proper.  We need to make sure
that we are not bundling ta7reef translations for one.  Shouldn't (and
isn't there) a proper Islamic authority that looks over these works to
"certify" them as proper (ie. their translated meanings have not been
tampered with and are correct and genuine, etc ?)

> Here is some of his web site :
> http://www.IslamQA.com ( since 1997)
> http://www.WorkForIslam.com/
> http://www.islamicaudiovideo.com/
> http://www.islamselect.com
>
> I am sure he will be very happy to help us in this project.

I really hope so - I've made this call a number of times in hopes of
someone to take it upon themselves to get in touch with those that are
in-the-know.

> Just send to me what you exactly need to continue the project and I will
> ask him in the weekend

Here's an email that I sent to qurancomplex.org (got NO reply) which sums
up my personal concerns and questions -- I'm sure there are others.

  http://www.arabeyes.org/~nadim/tmp/qc.html

The whole point is we need to have someone with proper credentials and
proper background who is respected and trusted looking over what we do
(in terms of data content and translated files, etc).  There are plenty
of sites on the net the seem to contains plenty of translated info, we're
simply not sure if they are "accepted" docs and need help in that regard.

Thanks and Salam.