Re: Marketing/PR cont'd

On Sat, 2003-10-25 at 09:45, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> --- Ra'id Al-Jamali <rjamali at omantel dot net dot om> wrote:
>
> Ah, I finally got to Ra'id <evil grin> :-)

currently away seeking amnesty.. his alter ego will respond.

> So make it short and sweet and
> let us know what is missing for us to go knocking on University doors
> and even companies (don't know about setting up demos in malls, etc
> though :-)

Unconstrained wish-list. Let just record it first, then impose
resourcing and timing constraints later.

1. Documentation: Consider a typical end user who knows nothing about
free software. What categories of questions will he have? My attempt at
classification is as follows:
	- what on earth is open source?
	- how do I set this thing up?
	- how do you: write emails / compose letters / get productive?
	- Great.. how can I contribute?

2. Post-natal care for Arabbix: dedicated website, forum, mailing list.

Nothing new to report on other stuff. Still remains on my to do list
until my hibernation ends.

Ra'id