RE: Quran Project

--- Ossama Khayat <okhayat at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> --- Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> [SNIP]
> > Again, I agree - I'm not looking to go there either,
> > but I hope you share my thought in that we need to
> > continue looking for such a committee and to bring
> > forth a viable solution for the Quran to make it onto
> > computers in electronic format (befitting our Quran project).
>
> Ahmad (Twaijry) noted in his last post about this
> subject
> (http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/general/2003/October/msg00199.html),
> that he's going to travel to meet some Sheikh about
> the Quran complex help, and still we didn't hear from
> him, Ahmad?
> Also, I've contacted Sheikh Ahmad al-Qattan and Hussam
> al-Sabsabi about this subject and Quran having
> multiple spellings subject
> (http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/developer/2003/March/msg00036.html)
> and _ALL_ of them (including my father) agreed that
> the only certified and used reading and writing is the
> Othmani writing and Hafs reading.

I think the point that was being made is that the Quran data needs
to be reviewed by a proper committee and not one or two individuals.
I'm not sure how this is all done, but the process that a new
Mus7af goes through prior to publication needs to be followed here
to insure that proper data is included.  I think the main problem
here is that we either are not contacting the proper authorities
for help and direction or we simply as an ummah don't have a clear
precise definition on how this is done (which I doubt) on a popular
level (ie. governmental agencies usually take-on that role, so maybe
we need to contact them for help/direction ?).