Re: MySQL Character Set

On Wed, 2003-03-26 at 08:54, Yaser Al-Jarbou wrote:
> Salam Alaikum
>
> I have difficulty in sorting arabic letters during retreiving data
> from MySQL server. Is there an arabic character-set works MySQL or any
> solution to this problem.
I recall that one of the features that have been introduced in 4.x is
i18n, I have read that in linuxmagazine (the US edition).

check this link for how to add a charset :
http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Adding_character_set.html
unless you say more about what you have done, what is your setup I am
afraid no one will be able to suggest a solution!

Walid.