Re: Mozilla in Arabic

Ms X writes:

 > I am thinking about translating Mozilla interface
 >
 > Anyone have any comment ? Idea ?
 >
 > Anyone want to help or have any tips ?

Salaam,

That would be great. I am not aware of any *active* projects for
translating Mozilla or MozillaFirebird to Arabic. There are
names/emails listed under Arabic at the following links, but as of
now, both persons seem to have produced nothing this far. Try
contacting them and see if you can contribute to (or continue) the
ongoing projects.

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/l10n/mlp_status.html
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/l10n/mlp_otherproj.html

Other than that, you should probably start at these two docs:

http://www.asturies.com/viesca/software/mozilla/MANUAL.HTM
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/l10n/mlp_howto.html

If you have more specific questions regarding Arabic then read older
posts or ask (if your questions haven't been answered already) at the
"netscape.public.mozilla.l10n" newsgroup on the Mozilla newsserver
(which is news.mozilla.org). I have seen many tips that could be
applied to Arabic but posted by other translating teams (search the
newsgroup for: Bidi, Hebrew, Farsi, Persian..etc)

That's all I know, Good Luck, and thanks for the efforts..

.(Thamer(