[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Applist.(was - Re: Distros project)
- To: General Arabization Discussion <general at arabeyes dot org>
- Subject: Re: Applist.(was - Re: Distros project)
- From: Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com>
- Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 17:06:02 -0800 (PST)
--- Muhammad Alkarouri <malkarouri at yahoo dot co dot uk> wrote:
> Application List
> Here (http://www.geocities.com/malkarouri/applist.html) is a
> draft application list, as required in the SAIS document which
> has an old version at http://www.geocities.com/karouri/las/
> F1! F1! F1! (Help,help,help)
> I will update this document by Sunday. I need feedback on the following:
With regard to the second URL (ie. LAS):
- Change the document's name/title to "Standard for Arabic Inclusion
and Support" (SAIS)
- Update your email address
- Add a section 2.3 named "Intended Audience" noting whom this doc
will be of interest to
- In section 3.x s/LAS/SAIS
- Make section 4.4 be section 4.1 instead
- Change section 5's title, so it'll become
"Arabization Standard Levels (ASL) - Applications"
- Change section 5.1's title, so it'll become
"ASL Application Levels Defined"
- Change section 5.4's title, so it'll become
- Change section 6's title, so it'll become
"Arabization Standard Levels (ASL) - Distributions"
- Add section 6.1's title, so it'll become
"ASL Distribution Levels Defined"
- In section 5.1.x, I highly recommend you attach a shadow number
to each color, as in, Red/1, Orange/2, Yellow/3, Green/4, Blue/5.
Rational here is that not everyone equates colors to a certain
urgency level, using both satisfies that predicament.
I'm not sure I see the relationship between section-5.4 and the following
is one supposed to replace the other (I believe so :-) ? Personally, I
like the URL listed above in lieu of section-5.4's since it breaks things
down based on functionality, yet its "status" is odd (I like section-5.4's
there). I would also drop the entire "Packaging" column as it's unnecessary.
> - The form of the table. Any comments?
I like section-5.4's content, but think it needs to be broken down per
function as you did in the 'applist' doc (as noted above).
> - The principles of the status evaluation are included in the SAIS
> document. Do you like that?
If you mean how the ACL colors/numbers are defined, then yes.
> - Suggestions on any software I have forgotten
I think this will continue to stand as I don't think it will ever be
100% complete - anyone see anything missing at this point ? I think
Arabbix will really drive this part.
> - The procedure of evaluation: I prefer not to test all packages on
> my own (no time;). Mentioned on
> is a possible way. If any one can suggest a better way, please do.
Sounds reasonable to me.
> - Naturally, any other comments.
You and Munzir are doing a grand job. I believe you still don't have
CVS write access and we need to change that ASAP (your username is
'alkarouri' btw). Do please send me your encyprted passowrd privately
so I can add you to the list. I highly encourage you to start checking
this work and docs into the repository (I believe Munzir already has
some older versions there).
To generate your encrypted password - visit,
Do you Yahoo!?
New Yahoo! Photos - easier uploading and sharing.