[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Applist. was Re: Distros project
- To: General Arabization Discussion <general at arabeyes dot org>
- Subject: Applist. was Re: Distros project
- From: Muhammad Alkarouri <malkarouri at yahoo dot co dot uk>
- Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 23:33:29 +0000 (GMT)
Here (http://www.geocities.com/malkarouri/applist.html) is a draft application
list, as required in the SAIS document which has an old version at
* The document currently include a list of packages that I got from Fedora Core
1, Arabbix 0.8, and the MAPS document (version 0.21), in addition to some I
remember were included in a previous discussion thread.
* The versions of the packages should be updated to the last one for each, but
I haven't tested them yet, so I cannot comment on a version I haven't seen. The
status is the status of the mentioned version of the package as found in its
original site (pristine). This page will not be distro specific; any infor
regarding that should be in the SAIS related distro page.
* There is a non-functional bug list at the end. I think we no longer need this
here. A seperate bug page is already under discussion in arabeyes.
F1! F1! F1! (Help,help,help)
I will update this document by Sunday. I need feedback on the following:
- The form of the table. Any comments?
- The principles of the status evaluation are included in the SAIS document. Do
you like that?
- Suggestions on any software I have forgotten
- The procedure of evaluation: I prefer not to test all packages on my own (not
time;). Mentioned on http://www.geocities.com/karouri/las/asl_apps.html#AEN166
is a possible way. If any one can suggest a better way, please do.
- Naturally, any other comments.
Finally (as in try .. finally)
Any unattended articles are likely to be removed without previous warning.
MSc Telecommunication and Information Systems
BT Yahoo! Broadband - Save £80 when you order online today. Hurry! Offer ends 21st December 2003. The way the internet was meant to be. http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=21064/*http://btyahoo.yahoo.co.uk