Re: Full Installation of Mandrake 9.1 packages

Sorry, Osama, for missing your message before this time.

On Saturday 23 August 2003 4:41 pm, Ossama Khayat wrote:
> Salam,
> I wonder if there's a way to fully install Mandrake without having to go
> through all the listsed package groups and install them one by one. The
> option is available in RedHat but not sure if the same exists in Mandrake.
> If not, please reommend it.
You are right regarding the no option to install everything but the question
is do we really need it? May be you know that this option is not recommended
in Mandrake at all because this will install all the locales, man pages,howos
in the languages of the world and many conflicting packages and libraries.
Mandrake is HUGE.

If you still need it, anyway, you can do it after the installation by going to
Mandrake Control Center and choose install packages (rpmdrake) and all
packages by source repository from which you can check the 3 cd's and you
have 'it'. 'it' refers to an unstable slow system.

Still not sure about the case of redhat. Can anyone who use it (karouri?)
confirm whether the option will install EVERYTHING or everything recommended
by them?

> Also, the Arabic installation doesn't work. Letters are not shown correctly
> and you get an error message related to GTK display when you choose Arabic
> العربية installation. Lastly,
> when you resize an existing partition (Windows partition in my case), why
> can't I preserve the contents?
Yeah! I have seen this garbage before and will consider filing it as a bug
whenever I can download a beta/cooker version and check it.

Thanks a lot for reporting. All these issues should be available in the
Mandrake distro page project at Arabeyes. I have devoted a separate section
for it (issues which need to be checked). I mean check whether still not
resolved before filing a bug.

--

Telecommunications Engineer
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS.
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA
First law of thermodynamics: "You can't get any more energy out of a system
than you put into it."