Arabeyes Marketing/PR Project Proposal

Salam All..
  Below is a new project proposal, that need alot of polishing/definition and
so by all those who can help:

Arabeyes Marketing/Public Relations Team/Project

Introduction
It is well known that the most important element of Arabeyes projects is the
presense of the developers and volunteers who work on it, without those
volunteers, any project is doomed. So far, Arabeyes Core team had been doing
a good job with bringing up new people, and getting Arabeyes into the Media.
Nevertheless, with the creation of new projects in Arabeyes, the core team
got more responsbilities and things to follow up, having less and less time
for Public Relation and spreading the word about Arabeyes and it's projects.
And so comes the proposal of having a Marketing/PR team or project.

Goals:
- Helping to support Arabeyes project by spreading the word about it
- Attracting Volunteers to different Arabeyes Sub-projects
- Spreading Linux/OSS awarness in the Arab world through corperation with
different entities (LUGs, Universities, Companies, LMOs, etc..)

(LMO: Like Minded Org.)

Dutes:
- Take care of the Media presense of Arabeyes, making sure that Arabeyes
project news and events are known to all interested media parties (News
WebSites/Newspapers/ Interested people or organizations/Magazines/etc..)
- Follow up with communication with non-technical parties (Universities,
organizations, doners, media, etc.. )
- help technical parties reach Arabeyes developers (guide them in)
- follow up with new commers, making sure that thier quesions are answered,
and trouble they face are overcomed.
- make sure of Arabeyes presense in events of interest (OpenSource/Linux
related events in the Arab World)
- get donations/sponsorships for Arabeyes project in general, and for Arabeyes
attendance in events of interest.

Communication with Core:
- the PR Team should appoint someone who will act as a maintainer for the
project, and who will serve as a link with the Core team.
- PR/Marketing project/Team should provide a bi-monthly writen report about
latest updates, and what have been happening recently.

I showed the above thoughts to Kamal Dallal who had some interesting
addition/notes/comments/random thoughts. I hope that he will post his notes
here.

As for you, please provide us with your thoughts and ideas about such
project/team, is it really needed ? will you be interested to work in it ?
and so..

I hope that we will hear from you all soon.

Yours
Isam Bayazidi