Re: Free UCS Outline Fonts

Salam,

On Sat, Aug 16, 2003 at 09:13:56PM +0300, Walid Shaari wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-08-16 at 19:36, Walid Shaari wrote:
> > On Sat, 2003-08-16 at 00:48, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> >
> > > not stated clearly ?).  I did see in the second URL a COPYING file
> > > that notes GPL (although the project's name is NONgnu.org - huh ?);
> > > so I'm not sure what to think.
> Nongnu means that this GPLed software/other OSS license is not developed
> by FSF, in other words that is not GNU but still free software or open
> source if the four freedoms/ten rules apply

ttf-freefont is included in Debian GNU/Linux in the "main" section, in
the main section is only free software in the meaning of debian
understanbd free software[1]. and I found that the package is published
under the GNU GPL licence. I found this thread in Debian Mailinglit
archiv [2]. I hope it's helpfull for you :-)

[1] http://www.debian.org/social_contract#guidelines
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2003/debian-legal-200302/msg00154.html

salam
--