Re: Free UCS Outline Fonts

--- Mohammed Yousif <mhdyousif at gmx dot net> wrote:
>  I just saw this project:
>
>     http://www.nongnu.org/freefont
>
>  which aims to provide a set of free outline (PostScript Type0,
>  TrueType, OpenType...) fonts covering the ISO 10646/Unicode UCS
>  (Universal Character Set).
>
>  That includes Arabic glyphs of course :-)
>    http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/freefont

I just reread that site for the third time and am still not 100% sure
of the licensing of what they are offering (am I just dense or is it
not stated clearly ?).  I did see in the second URL a COPYING file
that notes GPL (although the project's name is NONgnu.org - huh ?);
so I'm not sure what to think.

Can these fonts be used and modified and included in various
applications and distros ?

Are others confused ?  Should we mail the author of the site for
him to be a bit more clear on what he's offering ?  If I'm misreading
something, apologies in advance.

Mohammed, thanks for the links (great catch if what's noted is indeed
open source :-)