Re: Distro Project

--- Muhammad Alkarouri <karouri at uofk dot edu> wrote:
> First, I would like to thank Nadim for joining the maintainers of the
> distro project. I hope I will be able to push forward the Redhat
> arabicization status and maybe making a general framework for the distro
> arabization (quiz: wordlist people: what is the difference between
> arabization and arabicization, if both are correct? ;)
> The main ideas are:
> a. The current situation for the current developing version of the
>    distro.
> b. A simple how-to explaining how to configure the best support for
>    arabic in it.
> c. A list of [included|required] [packages|package versions] in the
>    distro, for Arabic support.(expect it to be spreadsheet like packages
>    in www.distrowatch.com )
> d. Current bugs and bug reports
> e. localization, which will be only to the distro specific programs like
>    the redhat installer, others being handled by Arabeyes.
>
> Coordination is the key, as we do not expect a single how-to for every
> distro duplicating the Arabeyes one already there.
> I will put up a page Inshaa Allah in the following hours as a start.

Sounds great.  Hopefully after we accomplish what is noted above we can
then approach the various distribution owners about keeping tabs of the
applications/fonts/files we care about (for Arabic) natively on their
site (ie. seeing katoob/duali/etc listed on distrowatch would be nice
either on a per distro type or a page specifically dedicated to Arabic
that shows which distros "comply").

Muhammad, I look forward to your work (let us know if you need any help,
you have free reign on Arabeyes' distro page along with Haydar) and can't
wait to see tangible progress on the 'distro' project as a whole - your
work will serve as a template for other distro's.