Re: Distro Project

Salam,
First, I would like to thank Nadim for joining the maintainers of the
distro project. I hope I will be able to push forward the Redhat
arabicization status and maybe making a general framework for the distro
arabization (quiz: wordlist people: what is the difference between
arabization and arabicization, if both are correct? ;)
The main ideas are:
a. The current situation for the current developing version of the
distro.
b. A simple how-to explaining how to configure the best support for
arabic in it.
c. A list of [included|required] [packages|package versions] in the
distro, for Arabic support.(expect it to be spreadsheet like packages in
www.distrowatch.com )
d. Current bugs and bug reports
e. localization, which will be only to the distro specific programs like
the redhat installer, others being handled by Arabeyes.

Coordination is the key, as we do not expect a single how-to for every
distro duplicating the Arabeyes one already there.
I will put up a page Inshaa Allah in the following hours as a start.

--
Muhammad Abdulmuneim Alkarouri
Teaching Assistant