Re: KacstQr is incomplete

--- "N. Heer" <heer at u dot washington dot edu> wrote:
> I think you are correct that Harf.com's offerings are not open-source.
> But perhaps they could be persuaded to put the Qur'anic fonts in the
> public domain.  It's hard to imagine that anyone would claim to have a
> copyright or patent on anything directly related to the text of the
> Qur'an.

Nicholas, we've tried on a number of occasions to contact Sakhr.com on
unrelated matters (along with a number of other companies) and we never
even so much as got a "No" reply - its as though our emails were being
piped to their /dev/null equivalent :-)

I highly suggest you take up the matter and try to contact Harf and whomever
else you can think of.  The more new faces that ping them the more pressure
they should feel with regard to these issues -- I guess having them see the
virtues of Open Source due to peer pressure is not the best way to go about
it, but what else do we have in terms of options (I know no one that works
there to get an inside contact to bring this topic forward to management).

Regards,