RE: Quran fonts

>  Here is a screenshot of QtQuran 0.09 running this font
>  with a _complete_ othmany text of one chapter (The only
>  one I finished updating from a mushaf).
>    http://mhdyousif.hypermart.net/quran/qtquran-0.09.jpg

  Masha'Allah, it's really nice :) The words at the end of the extending line are broken though, which should be fixed!
  Thank you for the TTF font, it's really great and I'll try to print out some samples and take them back to the calligrapher to make sure 100% that the shaping is correct and complete.
  Finally, I'd like to participate in the process of adding the missing signs in the quran.ar.xml file, but how can we synchronize updates?
Wouldn't it better to separate the file into separate Suras (like wordlist files for example). Just a thought.. :)

Regards,
Ossama Khayat

>  Please, could anyone volunteers to update quran.ar.xml from
>  a mushaf using that font?
>  The process is quite easy, just open any editor and choose that font
>  and if you want, I can set you a keymap with all the symbols so
>  you just:
>    + open quran.ar.xml and open a mushaf (of course ;-)
>    + switch the keymap to the quranic one (which I will provide you with)
>    + get used to the keymap by pressing all the buttons on your keyboard.
>    + update the verses with the variuos quranic symbols and fix any typos
>       you may find and remove any un-needed characters (like Alef-Mad
> which
>       in some cases should be substituted by a Quranic symbol).
>    + commit to cvs or send it to me.
>   Anyone? please help spread Islam!
>
> --
> Mohammed Yousif
> "Ich liebe ihr, weil ohne sie kann ich nicht bin!"
> We _will_ restore OUR Jerusalem.

---