Re: IBM again

--- Mohammed Yousif <mhdyousif gmx net> wrote:
> On Friday 18 October 2002 18:58, Mohamed Eldesoky wrote:
> > Can you believe that man ??
> > He was the same man who organized the LAW2001 in cairo.
> > http://www.ameinfo.com/cgi-bin/fevent/showarticle.cgi?id=101302181704
>
> I tended to beleive Mr.Hani Abdel-Aziz before, it's all '`7ed3a' !

After much research (mostly by Mr. Elzubeir) IBM seems to be doing
something - what that something is is rather unknown to most of us.
IBM also seems to be using li18nux.org (now openi18n.org) as a medium
(and unfortunately that medium is far from being truly "open").  What
is ___REALLY___ frustrating and what really stinks is that the mailing
lists on that site are,

 1. Not archived
 2. Don't seem to be well staffed - ie. you post a question or
    a comment and you simply don't get replies/acknowledgments
 3. There is no sense (from what I saw) of how one goes about
    getting more info on their work (to verify or take interest
    in); I'm not sure how they disperse info (nothing similar to
    freshmeat.net)

Which leads most people to frustration and simply discounting (rightly
or wrongly) any of their work.