Re: pressuring our inclusion (was - Opera & Arabic)

--- Isam Bayazidi <bayazidi at arabeyes dot org> wrote:
> On Saturday 05 October 2002 07:48, Yaser Al-Jarbou wrote:
> > You mentioned Mozilla,Galeon, Konqueror ...
> > But none of these is like Opera in terms of speed and
> > secirity.
>
> Do you have anthing to say about Netscape 7 ? what about Mozilla 1.0.1 .. oh
> they are the same thing ! :-) Mozilla is as good and ready to compete with
> comersial software as any software would be ..
>
> > I used opera 6.03, and they publish Opera 7  which is
> > not free but has full support of arabic and Bidi as
> > they told me.
>
> Mozilla 1.1 already have it .. Arabic Support, proper BiDi .. another
> Superior point for Mozilla :-)
>
> I agree that the Opera is good in terms of speed .. it got a good algorithem
> for rendering HTML .. No one can deny .. but beside that Mozilla Rulez !

My original post regarding this topic was not to start a browser war
(mine if better than yours, no no mine is best, etc).  I wanted to truly
start a conversation about how to organize ourselves into ONE cohesive
unit in terms of pressuring groups (open source first and others later)
into taking Arabic users and their needs more seriously.  I am extremely
concerned about the lack of Arabic support in most existing and new
applications.  We need to instill in people's mind that when they start
thinking and going down the road of adding "other language" support, Arabic
ought to be high on their list (and thus the question of how best to do that
and I'm suggesting an organized form of email and other pressure to have
ourselves be heard).  Please re-read my original post with that in mind and
you ought to see what I was getting at.  Don't get rapped-up in the Opera
thing (I should have chosen an open source example to complain about (and
possibly stayed away from browsers all together)), but the point is the same.

Suggestions ?