Re: Opera & Arabic

On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 01:44:12PM -0700, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> --- Isam Bayazidi wrote:
> >
> > As far as I can recall .. Opera is not Open Source .. or at least this
> > is my understanding ..
>
> It should not preclude us from lobbying for the addition of Arabic support.
>
> My 0.02 euro's :-) worth.

I am personally not interested in Opera at all. It is not Open Source and
there are plenty of other alternatives that deserve our attention. When we run
out of 'Open Source' applications to work on, maybe we can look into the
commercial world.. but as far as Arabeyes is concerned, Opera should not be of
any interest. As Hicham has pointed out, Mozilla, Galeon, Konqueror.. those
deserve our attention. Localization work for Mozilla has not started.. why
look into Opera?

And this is coming from someone who has actually purchased a license from
Opera ;)

later
---
Was I helpful? Let others know: