Re: [doc] Unity/Ubuntu translation

في خ، 16-02-2012 عند 12:08 +0200 ، كتب Khaled Hosny:
> Salam,
>
> Last time I checked Unity had poor/non existent RTL UI support making a
> horrible experience for translated UI, so I'd make sure this is fixed
> before putting much effort in translating it.

It seems it still isn't (see the screenshot I posted), but there is
someone wanting to translate it nevertheless.

> As for new terms, the wiki's techdict has always been meant for this,
> though I see people are resorting more and more to pre-techdict mess
> recently for reasons far beyond me.

I'm not sure techdict is appropriate for such application specific
terms: sometimes words are used in a metaphorical sense and should be
translated independently, and I think the techdict isn't good for such
things.

As for the reason people are not using techdict anymore (even for
"conventional" terms), I don't understand either. I'll try to do
something about this.

How about translations for applications that are hosted outside
Launchpad? is there a way to "lock" or hide them so they don't get in
the way? or we really need to manually sort things?

Abderrahim